Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'm Awesome

I had my four year review today at work.
As it turns out, I'm awesome. A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

My boss, the Hammer (I'd explain the nickname, but you wouldn't think it's as funny as we do at work... it's a nerd thang, y'all), said he wouldn't trade me for anybody else. He said I am one of the top people in my role at the company.
Boo-yah!

Let's be clear, the Hammer does not hand out compliments lightly. In fact, usually not at all.
About once a year, I get a "nice job with that."
Today I got not just one, but two compliments!! AND they were pretty damn good compliments at that!

Plus, in the actual written review he said nice things about me there, too, but they were more task specific compliments and thus difficult for me to translate to you.
It was a little bit of a head rush.

Reviews make me nervous. I'm always afraid that I'm going to be blind-sided by something horrible, so it's always a relief when they go well.
It made for a pleasant interruption, but it's back to our regularly scheduled programming for me.

1 comment:

Toad said...

What is really cool about this review is that you can remember it..... squeeel, crash, bang, huh? who am I? I got a raise?

BTW congratulations, you are awesome!