Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's a Sickness

Technology the bane, and apparently, the love of my life.
I went for 2 weeks without having a proper computer at home.

No, my Windows 98 Dell Web-PC circa 2000 doesn't count as a proper computer.

It was like death.
I felt unplugged and cut off from the world at large.
Other people could check their email or Facebook, but not me. (Or at least without doing it illicitly at work).

I found that when I did not have my computer to occupy me that life was pretty much the same.
I would love to say that I took up reading or finished that painting that's been sitting in my kitchen for almost 2 years in my spare time when the big green monster was out of commission, but that's would be a lie.
In fact, the only difference was where I sat on the sofa.

I'm drained.
Spending 2+ hours on the phone with Dell Technical Support is exhausting.
Did I run a marathon or just sit my ass on the phone?
I can't remember anymore.
It's all groggy.
I'm going to bed.

I'll see you when the haze clears.

No comments: