Sunday, September 7, 2008

Shortest. Wedding. Ever.

4.5 hours to the Twin Cities
$85 for a hotel room (that didn't have curtains that closed, so we got a steady stream of light into our hotel room ALL FREAKING NIGHT LONG!!)
3 hours to Maplewood Lutheran Church (which is the farthest place from anything I've ever been to)
1 cup of lemonade
4 types of cupcakes
3 hours back to the Twin Cities
4.5 hours back to Monroe
-------------------------
Add that all together and carry the 2.

You get...

A 2 hour event, that's including the wedding and the reception.
We literally squeezed every moment of wedding fun we could out of this event. They were breaking everything down as we were leaving.

It was more fun that I thought it would be, if you exclude all the driving time.

Holly looked gorgeous and there were some beautiful classic Chuck moments.

He read his vows so quickly and quietly that most of us couldn't even hear them with his eyes trained on the paper in front of him the entire time. (Holly totally busted him for not looking her in the eye during his vows, it was awesome!) Then his shoulders slumped over in a sigh of relief as soon as he was done talking.

I had the hardest time not giggling like crazy once he was done. Chuck has not changed a drop since I last saw him.

Congratulations the happy couple. Best wishes and I adore the two of you.

One last word of advice: I know you two hate being the center of attention, but the next time you plan on making me drive 15+ hours, how about holding an event that lasts longer than 2? I may attend anyway, but if it's not your wedding I'll definitely be giving you shit about it.

No comments: