Tuesday, September 16, 2008

DE-lusional!

I don't understand the fervent McCain/Palin support in this country. I was reading an article about Sarah Palin's interview with Gibson. Half of the comments on the story started, "You dems..." or "The liberal media..."
Sigh.
I'm weary just reading the kind of vitriol and hate that went into the rest of those posts.

Please explain to me why you love these two. Please?
I can't for the life of me understand why you would love a man who just yesterday said that he still believes the fundamentals of our economy are strong. That's right yesterday. When the DOW fell 300 points. When Merrill Lynch sold itself for 1/2 of what it's worth. When the Lehman Brothers filed for bankruptcy. Remember that?

John McCain said, "The McCain-Palin administration will replace an outdated, patchwork quilt of regulatory oversight and bring transparency and accountability to Wall Street. We will have transparency and accountability and we will reform the regulatory bodies of government."

Um, haven't you been in Congress for like a billion years? Where have you been on transparency and accountability for the last billion years?

I keep trying to find logical reasons in what John McCain says other than he's just a big fat delusional liar. I like to believe that although I don't always agree with the opposition, that at least we both want our version of what's best for this country.
Maybe that was my own naivete, because I'm finding it harder and harder to believe.

1 comment:

Shamrock said...

Just ask Nate. For the love of God ask Nate because I cannot figure out what the fuck goes through that kid's head.