Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dictionary

I caught a little bit of CNN at the gym tonight.
They were talking about Joe Biden and Sarah Palin. I only heard part of it, but they were saying one VP candidate talks too much and the other too little.
One of the pundits said (and this is an approximate quote), "Biden's going to have to refrain from being his normal congenital self."

Hmm... congenital? Really?

According to dictionary.com...
congenital
-adjective
1. of or pertaining to a condition present at birth, whether inherited or caused by the environment, esp. the uterine environment
2. having by nature a specified character

Now, I suppose he could have been referring to the Biden personality, conceived in the womb and then brought forth unto this earth. More likely, he meant to say congenial.

According to dictionary.com...
congenial
-adjective
1. agreeable, suitable, or pleasing in nature or character
2. suited or adapted in spirit, feeling, temper, etc.

D'oh! Don't worry CNN commentator guy. I misspeak all the time and people love to point it out. It's fucking annoying. So, sorry about this I guess, but you were kind of pompous so I don't really feel that bad about it.

Confession: It sounds all grown up to say that I was watching CNN at the gym, but in fact I only saw a couple of seconds while Lincoln Heights, which is what I was actually watching on ABC Family, was on commercial.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I hate that we have to make amends for Palin. Grr!