Sunday, September 21, 2008

Welcome Miao!


Meet Miao. The husband won him for me at Cheese Days. He's a seal with a sadly askew bow tie. Also, he meows instead of barking like other seals. He may or may not be from the Jiangsu coast in China.

Likes: Pickles and sunshine
Dislikes: People who talk on their cell phones at the gym

Well, another Cheese Days has come and gone. I didn't see anyone with a tail this year, but don't think that all my enjoyment of this event was contingent upon seeing someone wearing a tail, because it wasn't.

There was tons of good cheese for tasting. I bought a jalapeno Havarti and an aged Swiss... yum, yum, yum.

There was tons of good food in general. I had funnel cake for the first time. Mmmm... tastes like doughnuts. Ice cream, root beer, cheesecake on a stick, nachos, corn dogs, and corn on the cob. Sist-A in particular was lovin on the corn on the cob. Really loving on the corn cob. :) You wouldn't believe me even if I told you.

There was so, so much more. But, I think you might have needed to be there to really understand. Long live Cheese Days!

6 comments:

Shamrock said...

I find it interesting how you have "forgotten" to mention how much you were lovin' on the corn dog. Like really lovin' on the corn dog... :D

Shamrock said...

P.S. I hate Miao

quartergoddess said...

I'm ignoring comment #1, as you've clearly been snorting too much crack lately.

But #2, how could you hate Miao?
Do you hate puppies, rainbows and babies too?

He's a poor defenseless stuffed animal. He was poorly made and is probably flammable. And you hate him?

Doesn't he already have enough problems?

Shame, shame, you know your name.

Shamrock said...

Hmmm... how could I hate Miao? Maybe because I spent all night at Cheese Days with him popping up in my face to say meow! Boo to Miao!

quartergoddess said...

Great! Look what you've done now! I tried to stop him, but Miao just peeked his cute little purple head around my computer monitor to see what I'm doing and he saw your mean comments. Now, he's crying!

Have you ever seen a stuffed animal cry? It would break your heart into a million pieces to see it.

It would be like the Grinch. Your heart would grow three sizes that day.

Poor Miao!

It's okay, sweetie. I still love you. Ashley is just a mean lady. She just doesn't like anybody who's different from her. She's probably a closeted Republican, it explains her taste in men.

What?
What was that?

Miao says that was over the line.
He says that while your taste in men might be questionable, you seem incapable of (or possibly incompetent at) lying, so you're probably not a Republican.

Tear.

Don't you feel bad now? Looks like the littlest seal of all might be a bigger person than the two of us.

Awwww.

Shamrock said...

You should know that calling anyone a Republican is way over the line - that is just too insulting!

And I still hate Miao...