Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gymnastics Superstars

I got this ad in my email at work today.
I seriously considered going... is that sad?
Here's a recap of my consideration:
Ooooh! Nastia Liukin AND Shawn Johnson!
Maybe they really ARE friends in real life.
Shannon Miller and Blaine Wilson? Holy crap I can't believe those two are still alive, much less still doing gymnastics! Old school!!
Sasha Artemev, he was pretty rockin' on the pommel horse at the Olympics!
Ooooh! Jonathan Horton! I liked him at the Olympics!
Hmm... October 15th, I don't think the husband and I have anything going on then... maybe???

Oh wait, what does that say?
"The thrill and power of gymnastics performed to hits by top Disney artists?"

Um, okay, no.
Never mind.
I'm done.

I don't mind being a nerd. I work for a software company after all. But, in the end, we all have lines we just can't cross. Apparently, stuff set to "hits by top Disney artists" is mine.
The 13-year-old gymnastics fan girl in me is disappointed.
Oh well, I'm sure the husband just breathed a sigh of relief that we will not driving down to Illinois for gymnastics superstars.

No comments: