Monday, September 29, 2008

Fallout

Stay young as long as you can, kids.
Being a grown up blows.

I feel like I'm treading water. Black, deep, murky water.
I have no idea what the fuck to do.
Nobody seems to know what to do.
I'm out of my depth. So are you.
Let's hope neither of us drowns.

The Dow keeps plummeting.
People are losing their jobs.
People are losing their houses.
Personally, my 401K has a -17.1% rate of return at the moment. I have lost every dollar I have put into it this year, so far. Yet, I'm pretty sure I would still be considered one of the lucky ones.
It will probably get much, much worse before it gets better.
Will I have anything left when it starts to get better?
Thank God I'm only 28.
At least I have time to recover some savings before I'm of age to retire.

The bailout plan didn't pass.
Did I even want it to?
700 billion to bail out the greediest bastards that ever did walk this earth.
But, what are the consequences if we don't bail them out?
What are the consequences for the bastards if we do?

I hate to be pushy, but this would be a great time for *cough* someone *cough* to step up and be a leader. Prove to us that you are worthy of our faith and loyalty.
Prove that you are more than just pretty words and good ideas.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

6 comments:

Heather said...

I got a crazy e-mail suggesting that they divide the bail out and give it to the people.

Shamrock said...

Ummm, I wish I could help but I am still a semi-kid who has no idea what is going on! I don't become an independent until next year but I love you!

Mr Blume said...

We have decided to back up the kids and become organic farmers in Argentina. You guys in?

quartergoddess said...

Yes, we're in.
Where my sherpa goes, I follow.
We may miss out if they try Heather's e-mail plan... but I think the .01% chance we'd actually see any of that money isn't enough to make us stay.

Adios Estados Unidos.
Hola Argentina.

Shamrock said...

Hey, do you guys need a translator? Cuz I speak Spanish :)

quartergoddess said...

Well, I don't know if I'm allowed to invite others along. But, I don't see why we couldn't be some sort of hippie commune. Plus, it would probably be better if at least one of us spoke decent Spanish.

Come one, come all.
Peace and love y'all.