Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Genocide

My 401K company sent me some junk that I was supposed to vote on this week.

One of the questions, (apprx) would you like us to refrain from investing in companies that have significantly contributed to genocide.

Hmm... let me think about it. On the one hand, we have potential MONEY to help ME. On the other, we have GENOCIDE.
I may be a selfish person, but genocide? Really?
The total destruction of a society and I'm supposed to be okay with this?

In fact, my investment company advised me to vote AGAINST the measure.
Ugh.

So, I (obviously) voted for the measure.

Better to lose a little money not contributing to genocide than allowing my soul to become some black, bottomless pit where genocide is A-Ok.

2 comments:

Mr Blume said...

What companies can you invest in that contribute to genocide? Do they release the info in their quarterly statments.

This quarter we made a profit of 23million, and contributed to the deaths of 3 million. This is a much better death to dollar ration than 4Q 2007.

quartergoddess said...

Ha! They didn't provide any specifics. Just, in general, do you have a problem with it.