Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Meeting your goals

Meeting your goals is a good thing, even if it's hella exhausting.

I managed to meet my goal for running again tonight.
My heart, lungs and legs are standing up better and better, yet I have to do battle with my own mind the same as ever. Every freaking minute is a battle.
It's hard to convince myself that I really want to keep running, when it would really be so much easier to stop... or at least stop running so fast.

I got lucky tonight, at minute 20 the view at the gym drastically improved and I had something to distract me from wanting to stop. Although I shamefully acknowledge that I was holding on to the bar at the front of the treadmill far too much. I try not to rely on it at all, so it annoys me that I kept grabbing for it tonight.

Plus, the gym is too fucking hot here lately. Jeff likes to correct me that, no, in fact it's "warm."
I say, shut it Jeff. It's too fucking hot.
It's roasting upstairs at the gym.
We're in the in between phase. It's chilly enough out that the air conditioner isn't needed, but it gets so warm at the gym now. I've been sweating like crazy lately, which is yucky.
I think I gave myself "brain freeze" tonight trying to swallow the entire drinking fountain after I got off the treadmill.
Next time, I'll have to slow down a bit. :)

1 comment:

Fern608 said...

Congrats on meeting your running goal today! You will NOT slow down next time!! You motivate me, Natalie. I suck wind for a full 20 minutes before I feel strong enough to finish my workout. What's with that??