Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Swing and a Miss

Before I get to the subject of this blog...
Oh my goodness, what a beautiful day!
It was so gorgeous out! It felt wonderful to be outside.
Cash and I went for a long walk this afternoon... and I was wearing a t-shirt. It was awesome!
I love, love, love this weather (finally)!!!

I tried to make sweet-n-sour shrimp tonight and it did not go well.
The smell of the cooking shrimp made me sick to my stomach (and I love shrimp!).
The sweet & sour sauce... just didn't quite taste right.
Jeff actually ate some of it. He said he liked the rice.
I couldn't stomach it. I ate some of the veg and had to quit.
Yuck, yuck, yuck!
We might try to make it again, only with chicken instead of shrimp and a different kind of sauce. The only problem is that shrimp is more calorie economic at 76 cals/serving versus 110 cals/serving for chicken.
Not sure how I'll solve that problem. Maybe less rice, but how much less is the question.
Boo. It makes me sick just to think about it.
Oh well, back to the drawing board on that one.

On a completely unrelated note, I was watching the Simpsons tonight and the Max Power song came on:
Max Power,
He's the man who's name you'd love to touch,
But, you mustn't touch!
His name sounds good in your ear,
But when you say it, you mustn't fear!
'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Ha! That is the best song ever! I love it when Homer sings that song.
In fact, I love it when Homer sings any song. He sang "Mellow Yellow" in the next episode, which was awesome as well.

No comments: