Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Formerly a Hater

I used to hate reality tv. I still do in a way. I won't watch Survivor or Big Brother.
I've made an exception for food related reality programs (Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen) and there was nothing better on this year, so we've been watching American Idol. (Totally a stretch, but I still have my principals here, people!)

American Idol
Mostly a boring evening, I wasn't even that impressed with the best performances. I probably won't buy any of this weeks performances on iTunes.
I totally called Syesha butchering "I Will Always Love You"
It's an awesome, awesome song, but when you sing it you will be compared to Dolly and Whitney. That's just a given, and that is almost never going to be a flattering comparison.
I totally LOVE Dolly Parton though.
If Nonnie (my grandmother) had been a country star, she would have been a lot like Dolly Parton.
She just has that wonderful Southern way about her.
There were the real compliments (David A)
There were the Southern-not-really-a-compliments (Kristy Lee Cook) ("Well, she made it her own" ha... so not a compliment)
Ha! She was awesome!

Hell's Kitchen
I love Gordon Ramsay.
I love watching him run around and yell at everything in sight.
He even threw chicken tonight! HA!
One of the guys is a total jerk he said apprx "I'm not going to lose to the women. The only thing I might lose to a woman is an ironing contest."
One of the guys is totally delusional "He may be the captain, but I'm a four-star general. To me, he's just a private"
Um... okay, crack baby, whatever you say!
Jeff and I were giggling like crazy through the entire episode.
It's funny. We watch Top Chef together too and it doesn't affect us like this, but we can't help but laugh during HK.


On a personal note...
The treadmill totally kicked my ass tonight. All things in balance I guess. I finished it, so I guess I have that going for me, but Thursday had better go better than tonight did. I don't want to embarrass myself in front of Tats again! :0)

1 comment:

Shamrock said...

How can you refer to David Archuleta in passing like that? He is so amazing!! Read my blog on AI and learn to respect the talent!