Friday, April 4, 2008

Me, Myself and Three Crazy Dogs

Well, it's Friday night and I'm flying solo.
The husband ditched me to hang out with his work people. They are always having these team building events. Those people can't get enough of each other.
So, anyway, I wasn't sure what the hell to do with myself for an evening alone, so I actually went to the gym tonight. I never usually go to the gym on Friday nights.
It's usually date night.
But since, my darling love is missing and I bought some new shoes (another pair... what? they were on sale buy one get one 1/2 off) and I wanted to see how these would do on the treadmill since the other pair caused some soreness in my shins. I do NOT want shin splints. (I think the other pair will work better when I'm on the elliptical)
This pair worked MUCH better on the treadmill. I was finally able to stay at 6 mph for the entire 28 minutes I ran.
Shut up! I know that's not really that fast, but it's fast for me. I am a s l o w runner. I have some short term speed, but I'm not usually much for stamina. This was my first goal. It was painful and I had to talk myself into every minute after 14. Oh I'll slow down once I hit 17 minutes... this isn't so bad, I'll just slow down at 18 minutes... and so on. It was not easy for me, but I finally managed to do it! I'm exhausted now though.
Let's see if I can do this the next time I try the treadmill though (goal #2, not sure what goal #3 will be when I can do this consistently)... you have to take the highs with the lows.
Now, I'm just chilling at home with the pooches. It sure is fun to take care of 3 crazy dogs by myself.
Ha! Don't buy this self pity act...much! The dogs are crazy for about the first 15 minutes, then they settle down. Right now all the dogs are just laying down. They are so sweet once they've got that first burst of energy out of the way.
Still not sure what to do for the rest of the night. I've got Doctor Who on Netflix and the husband usually just sleeps during episodes of that anyway, so maybe I'll go down stairs and watch some of that.

No comments: