Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ding-dong the pig is gone

American Idol

Before I get to this week, a moment about last week. Michael Johns getting kicked off the show was complete bullshit. He is a far better singer than many of those still left on the show (Carly, Syesha, Kristi Lee Cook, even Jason Castro and maybe Brooke, I'm looking at you!) Hopefully he goes on to bigger things because he was way better than 8th. It's really sad to think that he'll always have to live with the fact he was kicked off before Kristi Lee Cook. Sigh. Poor Michael Johns. I'd at least consider buying your album, Buddy. And Ryan Seacrest, try not to be such a dick next time you kick some one off. You were just mean!

Tonight was Mariah Carey night. Not a big fan of hers, but it wasn't too bad a night considering.
David A - was good. He's always good. But he didn't kill me. I didn't want to run out and buy it or anything. But still, he IS cute as a button.

Carly and Syesha back to back? Yuck!
Carly didn't hit the big notes at all. She was singing, but she wasn't really giving it her all. I don't like her anyway though. The judges liked Syesha, but frankly, she felt a little scream-y to me.

Surprisingly, I actually dug Kristi Lee Cook's performance tonight. Not enough to make me a fan, but I liked it better than the judges did.

Brooke, Brooke, Brooke... I love her. She's a little package of happiness, but I didn't really like this performance that much. I even like the song Hero. Maybe that's why I didn't like this performance. I liked the way she did it, but I didn't think the vocals were good enough.

David Cook is my favorite. I honestly think he would make the best American Idol, if the American Idol should be the one who is most likely to make it as a singer. I can see myself buying a David Cook album. In fact, I probably will buy a David Cook album. I love David A, too. But, I'm not sure what kind of album he would make and I would really have to like it to buy it. He's ten ways of adorable, but I'm not sure about the album he would make.

On a side note about David C, his brother who has brain cancer was in the audience tonight. When David C teared up, I can admit it got to me a little. You had me at brain cancer...

Don't really remember Jason Castro's performance. I remember thinking it was mildly pleasant at the time. Definitely liked it better than Carly, Syesha or KLC. Meh.


Hell's Kitchen!!!!

Have I mentioned that I love Gordon Ramsay? Cause I do.
Moving up on my list of people? Christina. I love it that she actually nominated the weakest link instead of Corey. It was a grown-up decision. If Corey want to play in the dirt on the playground, let her. Christina is better than that.

Ah, the chicken challenge. If they had actually killed those chickens I would have had to become a vegetarian. That would suck, so I'm really glad they didn't.

The challenge they had made me laugh though.
I kept thinking if Hung were on Hell's Kitchen he would have kicked all these amateurs asses. Five minutes to butcher a chicken? Hung would have broken down that chicken... perfectly I might add... in about 30 seconds.
I think in a head to head competition, Top Chef would kick Hell's Kitchen's ass. Not Gordon Ramsay's mind you, but Hung would be out cooking all these suckers like nobody's business.

Now, I've saved the best for last. The pig is gone. I was ready to throw things at the television every time that stupid, sexist, tub of lard opened his mouth. I was so sick of hearing all his junk. Buh-bye loser! Man, I didn't even realize dudes like that still existed. I mean I knew, but I thought they were smart enough to not come on national television with their men are far superior than women crap. And just so we're all clear, it is a bunch of crap!
Yay! I am so glad he's gone! It makes me so much happier to watch Hell's Kitchen next week!
All Gordon Ramsay, no sexist pig to detract from my mad Ramsay love! :)

No comments: