Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Improv

Hey! I know that guy! Johnny Iuzzini!
I saw him on an episode of Paula Dean... is that her name?
The ONLY episode of hers I've ever seen.
She was... okay.
He was... freaking ADORABLE!
Seriously, cute!
Does it get better than a hot pastry chef?

I hate it when the chefs get whiny.
So, when they get all "I'm not a pastry chef" during the Quickfire Challenge, I say shut it.
(Yes, I'm talking to you Antonia)
Which is why I like Dale and Richard.
They just suck it up and deal with the situation in front of them.
Dale with a "whatever"
And Richard with a certain dorky-finesse.
His inner dork endears him to me.
So, I was glad when the two of them finished at the top of the Quickfire.
Spike you can tell yourself whatever you like but, a loss is a loss.
The fact that Johnny gave you props for doing a crappy souffle doesn't mean he has faith in you.
But, you keep telling yourself that kiddo.
I doubt you need me to reassure you though, I think you think highly enough of yourself for all of us.

So, Spike finally got his soup. It was actually good (according to the judges... and who am I to tell Johnny he's wrong?), which is okay in that it means Andrew will be around another week. Bad in that it means Spike and his stupid hats will also be around another week.

Dale and Richard come out on top again. Stupid Spike comments that he will "never understand Richard's food". I think that is less a reflection on Richard's food and more a reflection on you.
But, since I like Dale and Richard, I was happy with the win, especially since it meant Spike didn't win.

Shut up Antonia! Shut up Lisa!
You two have the biggest bitch faces that I have ever seen on this show.
And let me clear something up for you Antonia.
When comedians improv, it doesn't mean that they take suggestions from the audience and then just do whatever the fuck they want to do anyway. They work within the confines of the suggestions and make it funny... or in a chef's case they should have made it taste good.
Maybe it's just the Wisconsin girl in me, but beer brats are a pretty big deal around here, so if they're going to snot all over it, then nuts to them.

My girl Stephanie was in the bottom two. She always seems to be in the top or the bottom. Hopefully she'll bounce back next week.

Jen, Jen, Jen. What will I do without you?
Who will "do it for Zoi"?
Who will be Richard's doppelganger?
In spite of your crazy Zoi love, which you never once ceased to remind us of, I liked you.
I'm sad to see you go, especially since I think you actually made a joke in this episode.
Ah, what fun you could have been the further you got away from Zoi's poisonous influence.
You could have gained some confidence and won a challenge for yourself. You might have made another joke.

You know there is a joke to be made about the lesbian Jen falling because of some phallic bread and asparagus, but I think I may be a bit too PC to make it.

No comments: