Sunday, April 13, 2008

Trivia Recap

Trivia was long, but fun this year. I say 'was', but actually it's still going on.
It turned out so much better this time than last time. I'm tired, but not sick. That's a definite plus.

I think we actually did pretty well for our first year. Some of those questions are hard!

Here's a recap of random thoughts from throughout the weekend:

1. There is NO 2000 Chrysler Aspen
2. Mr. Blume is mean
2a. Mr. and Mrs. Blume keep their bowls up too high
3. 11 adults + 4 dogs + 3 children = Chaos!!!
Not in a mean way, but it was kind of suffocating me at one point. Escaping for a walk with the dogs helped though.
4. Snoop has mad Internet searching skills. I bow down to his Internet searching skills. I don't know how he found some of that stuff... I'm in awe
5. Mrs. Blume is a great hostess. I can't believe they had us all over and weren't just aching to kick us all out. (Mr. Blume isn't a bad host, but see #2)
6. Ate a lot of delicious foods that are very, very bad for me. (Toppers, cheeseburger, Belts) I won't say I feel guilty about it, but I will feel better once I've been back to the gym again.
7. I'm going to concede a point to the boys. Mustaches can be funny. I wanted to giggle every time I saw a certain mustache this weekend.

(Side note: when spell checking this blog mustachio came up for mustache, which I guess you know I can't spell. Apparently, although mustachio is not Spanish for mustache it is Italian for mustache. According to dictionary.com mustachio: A mustache, especially a luxuriant one. :) Ha ha!)

8. The husband likes to claim that he "didn't go to bed" during trivia. Well, technically, that's true. Instead, he just slept on the couch for hours and hours. Just like at home! Actually right now, he's downstairs sleeping in a darkened basement (for about 1.5 hours now). I asked him if he wanted to go to bed. He said no, because he just wanted to rest for a minute. I bet he'll come to bed around 2 - 3AM.
9. There is an insane amount of information on the internet. I can't imagine why anyone would ever want to find this information if they weren't involved in the world's largest trivia contest.
My favorite example: http://www.comicbookreligion.com/ a listing of all comic book characters by religious affiliation. Awesome!!!!
10. Sometimes a best guess is as good as a real answer.

I researched so many trivia question answers I even started to dream about them. Hopefully, my dreams will be normal tonight. I hate task-based dreaming.

5 comments:

Mr Blume said...

Wait, why am I mean. Other than the bowl thing, I don't remember being mean.

For anything other than the your too short to reach our bowls thing, I appoligize. Unless you tell me and it was hilarious, then I un appoligize.

quartergoddess said...

So, you are apologizing for anything *other* than making fun of me for not being able to reach the bowls?

Mr Blume said...

Correct. I don't think I was overly mean about it either. Though I was quite tired, so I can't confirm that the way the conversation took place is actually how I remember it.

quartergoddess said...

Well I can't recall you being mean *other* than the bowl incident.

Don't worry about it though. I'm used to being mocked.
Next time, you might want to consider just handing me the bowl instead of making me jump for it. ha! :)

Mr Blume said...

I think that we will just get a step stool. One that little kids use to get to the bubbler. We should probably get you a booster seat for the table to.

Okay....now I am just being mean.