Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Milestones

Today is a milestone for me. I have officially lost over 65 lbs. Yay for me! I try not to focus on the weight loss so much as the health stuff, but still it's hard not to have at least a mini-celebration for each increment of five that you pass.
I also managed to run at 6.0 mph for the entire 28 minutes on the treadmill. Double-triple-quadruple yay for me on that! The best part is that my lungs and legs still felt really good at the end of the run, which is a first. I got home late tonight because I was out buying a shower present for Alexis, so I didn't eat dinner before I went to the gym. I may have to do that more often. I had a snack before I went to the gym, but not a meal. It was still hard; it's always hard, but I felt really good about it.

American Idol - I knew that David Cook and David A were safe from the start. I watch American Idol on TiVO after I get home from the gym on Tuesdays, so by the time I cast my "votes" it's a good hour/hour and a half after the broadcast. I got a busy signal for both David's when I called.
Can't say I'm sorry to see KLC go, it was long over due. Ironically, I liked her best this week out of any week though. If I would have had my own personal preference, it would have been Syesha or Carly. Oh well... what are you going to do?

3 comments:

Mr Blume said...

Did you know that TIVO is able to predict who will get kicked off American Idol based on how many peoples songs are rewatched, and how many people fast forward through. It is not an exact science, but they have been pretty consistant with it.

quartergoddess said...

How do you know that?

Mr Blume said...

Either E!, Entertainment Weekly, or my BlackBerry. Though if you think about it, it makes sense. The people we are diehard enough to watch a song more than once, are also likely to vote 20 million times. The "singers" who have their "performances" skipped, have less fans to call in for them.