Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ouch

Well, I was never really a fan of Carly.
I'm not sure why.
But for some reason she rubbed me the wrong way and I never took to her.
In spite of that, I kind of felt bad for her when she was eliminated last night.
She definitely wasn't the worst performer on Tuesday.

If it went by performance alone, Jason Castro and Brooke should have been in the bottom two.
I think people just felt sorry for Brooke.
Maybe Jason has a larger fan base than I thought, because he really wasn't that great this week.
He's been middle-of-the-road for me in most weeks, but not enough to call myself a fan.
And yet, neither Jason, nor Brooke was in the bottom two.

It came down to Syesha and Carly.
Which I was initially happy about, because ideally I'd like to see the both of them go.
But, ideally, I'd like to see them both go on nights when they are boringly competent, but the others really had performances that let them shine.
Not on a night when they have clearly done better than some of the other performers.

Oh well, what are you going to do? As Seacrest loves to say, "America has spoken."
Bye Carly. I wasn't a fan, but if it makes you feel better I recognize that this week at least, you totally got the shaft.
Too bad.
Try not to hurt yourself.

No comments: