Sunday, April 20, 2008

Totally 80s

Broth-A's play "Back to the 80s... a Totally Awesome Musical" was on Friday.

It was much better than last year (Into the Woods). The songs were fairly entertaining.
The choreography was (unintentionally) hilarious.
I did enjoy it though.

Some of the songs they sang:
Total Eclipse of the Heart
Man in the Mirror
I Had the Time of My Life
Mickey
Girls Just Want to Have Fun
Centerfold
And of course, Never Going to Give you Up

Some of the girls were pretty good singers, which was a nice surprise.
The guys weren't on average as good as the girls. Maybe I'm biased, but I thought baby brother was the best of the guys. I thought he did a really good job.
There was no cow kissing this year, but there was some goony dancing, so I came out ahead on that one.

The only part I found disturbing was the "sexy dance" that the girl playing the teacher did during "Centerfold" Yuck. I don't particularly want to watch girls "of age" dancing like that, that goes double for girls under age.

There were some good lines from the play I tried to remember:
"Do you know why you're such a jerk? So you can suck it!"
"The only difference between you and a bucket of crap is the bucket."

I wish that the plays didn't start at 8. We didn't get home until 1AM... Boo!
Also, it reminded me that I actually like my little brother, which is sad for me since I never get to see him anymore. Oh well, hopefully he'll come back from the dark teenage abyss into which he has fallen someday.
Here's the video I took of bro's performance.
I think the dancing is my favorite part! :)
Love it.

2 comments:

Mr Blume said...

Pure Musical Genius!

AM Donkey said...

the wheel of fortune video is classic. Interesting blog.